- As many large potatoes as required
- Sea salt
- Scrub the potatoes and make a zigzag cut across the top.
- While they are still wet dip the top of the potato in sea salt.
- Wrap each potato in foil, making sure that the join of the tin foil is at the top of the potato.
- Cook the potatoes in a preheated oven for half an hour at 220°C/425°F/ Gas 7.
- Remove them from the oven and place them in the hot coals at the base of the fire to finish cooking for about 1 hour.
- When completely cooked, open the foil and gently squeeze the potato until it opens up.
- Serve with butter or a topping of your choice.
Why not accompany this with a mulled wine or even better a glass of Smoking Bishop (featured in the Recipe File)!