|1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry||1 jar mincemeat|
|1 tablespoon milk||2oz (50g) golden caster sugar|
|1 oz (25g) flaked almonds|
- Preheat oven to 200ºC/ fan oven 180ºC/ gas 6.
- Sprinkle work surface or board with the sugar.
- Unroll the pastry and roll it until it is one quarter bigger lengthways (eg still rectangular)
- Spoon the mincemeat on to the pastry and spread it out leaving a clear border of around ¾” (2cm) along the long edges.
- Fold one of the longest edges over the mincemeat and then roll the pastry tightly into a long sausage shape, gently pressing the pastry into the mincemeat as you go.
- Brush the other long edge with the milk and press down to seal in the mincemeat.
- Wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for about 30 mins.
- Carefully slice the sausage into ½” (1cm) slices.
- Lay the whirls onto a baking sheet and press down lightly so they are slightly “squashed”.
- Scatter the almonds over the top.
- Bake for around 15-20minutes until golden brown and the mincemeat is sizzling.
- Leave to cool for about 5 minutes, separately them if necessary so that they don’t stick together.
The Whirly Mince Pies can be frozen for up to 1 month at either Stage 7 or Stage 9.