Ingredients - serves 4 to 6 people
|1 medium round country-style loaf||1 teaspoon dried oregano|
|3 courgettes, sliced lengthways||2 tablespoons fresh pesto|
|3 tablespoons olive oil||9oz (250g) Somerset Brie|
|9oz (250g) chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced||Handful of salad leaves|
|1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°/Gas Mark 4.
- Brush a baking sheet with some of the olive oil and arrange the courgette slices on it and brush with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for about 10 mins until they are turning brown.
- Slice off the top third of the loaf and remove the inside of the bottom piece leaving about ½ inch (1cm) of bread on the crust.
- Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and add the mushrooms, garlic and oregano and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Lay half of the courgettes in the base of the loaf and spread half of the pesto on top.
- Place half of the cheese on top and add half of the salad leaves.
- Add all of the mushroom mix followed by the remaining cheese, then the salad leaves and finally top with the reaming courgettes.
- Spread the remaining pesto to on the inside of the bread lid and place the lid on top of the loaf.
- Press the lid down gently, wrap the loaf in cling film and leave to cool.
- Chill overnight or at least for a few hours.
- To serve, cut into wedges.
This looks very attractive when you cut a wedge and is really a meal in one. You could add you own variety of ingredients too. Roasted red peppers or artichoke hearts would be my choice.