Ingredients - serves 4
|2lb (900g) small raw beetroot||2 tablespoons olive oil|
|8 whole unpeeled garlic cloves||8 sprigs fresh thyme|
|2 tablespoons clear honey||1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
|Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Preheat the over to 220°C/425°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Trim the beetroot discarding any stalks or roots. Wash and dry well and cut any larger sized beetroot in half.
- Place in a roasting pan with the oil, garlic, thyme sprigs and season with the salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 45 mins, stirring once.
- Remove from the oven and stir in the honey, vinegar and 2 tablespoons of water.
- Roast for a further 20-30 mins until tender and caramelised.
If preferred, allow the beetroot to cool to room temperature and serve as an addition to salad.