Ingredients - serves 10
|3lb (1.4kg) leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced into ½ inch (1cm) diagonals||100g jar small capers (nonpareille) in vinegar, drained and rinsed|
|5 fl oz (150ml) olive oil||10 x 6oz (175g) sea trout fillets, skin on|
|142ml carton double cream||Large caper berries to garnish|
|Grated rind and juice of a lemon|
- Pre-heat the oven to 230ºC (210ºC fan oven)/450ºF/Gas mark 8.
- Put the leeks in a large roasting tin, add 6 tablespoons of the olive oil and season well.
- Toss everything together.
- Roast for 30 - 40 mins, tossing every 15 mins, until leeks are tender and lightly browned.
- Stir in the cream, lemon rind, lemon juice and capers.
- Put the sea trout fillets on top of the leeks, spoon the remaining oil over and season.
- Return to the oven and roast for 10 - 15 mins or until the sea trout is opaque all the way through.
- Put on a warm serving plate and garnish each fillet with a large caper berry.