Ingredients - serves 2
|2 sea bream, each approx 1lb (450g), scaled and gutted (if buying fresh from a fishmonger ask them to gut and scale the fish)|
|Handful of fresh rosemary sprigs||½ lemon (pips removed)|
|2-3 tablespoon olive oil||Extra- virgin olive oil, to garnish|
|Maldon sea salt|
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC/Fan 180°/400F/Gas Mark 6.
- Place the fish on a board and, using a sharp knife, slash each fish twice diagonally. Stick rosemary sprigs into the body cavity and the slashes - let it hang out as this will burn and give the dish extra flavour.
- Place the fish in a roasting tin and drizzle with olive oil then sprinkle with the salt.
- Roast for 20 minutes until the flesh is white and the skin crisp.
- Remove from oven and place on a serving dish (or straight to the plate).
- Add a squeeze of lemon and drizzle with the extra-virgin olive oil.
Serve with local fresh French beans and pesto crushed new potatoes:-
Ingredients for crushed potatoes
- Enough small new potatoes for 2
- 2 teaspoons of rocket pesto
- A knob of butter
- Boil the new potatoes until just cooked then drain and crush (not mash) the potatoes.
- Stir in the pesto and butter and it is ready to serve.