Ingredients - serves 4
|For the Filling:||For the cobbler:|
|1½lb (675g) rhubarb||7oz (200g) self raising flour|
|2oz (50g) caster sugar||2 tablespoons caster sugar|
1 orange (3 tablespoons of orange juice required for
|7oz (200g) natural yogurt|
|2 tablespoons demerara sugar|
|1 teaspoon ground ginger|
- Put the rhubarb sugar and orange juice into a saucepan, cover and cook over a low heat until tender (this time of year young rhubarb cooks very quickly).
- Once tender turn into an ovenproof dish.
- To make the cobbler, mix together the flour and the caster sugar. Add enough of the yogurt to bind to a soft dough.
- On a floured surface roll the dough to a 10 inch (25cm) square.
- Mix the orange zest, Demerara sugar and ground ginger together and sprinkle over the dough.
- Roll the dough (like a Swiss roll) quite tightly and cut into about 10 slices.
- Arrange the slices over the rhubarb and cook in a pre-heated oven at 200ºC/400ºF/Gas mark 6 for 20-25 mins or until the spiral cobbler is well risen and golden brown.
- Serve with hot custard or cream.