|4 large lemons||16 fluid ounces water|
|3 tsp loose green tea (three teabags worth)||190g icing sugar|
1 bottle chilled champagne or sparkling wine (alcoholic version)
- Roll the lemons on a table to make them jucier.
- Pare the zest (only the yellow part of the rind) of the lemons.
- Cut the remaining white rind from the pulp, remove the seeds, then chop the pulp coarsely.
- Discard the white rind and the seeds.
- In a non-reactive pan (steel, enamelled, or glass), boil the water, pulp, and zest for 10 minutes.
- Let the mixture cool for 1 minute, then pour it over the tea leaves in a heat proof bowl or teapot.
- Stir, then let steep three minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
- Stir in the sugar and chill.
To serve, pour the chilled mixture into a punch bowl or pitcher and stir in the chilled champagne.