- 450g fresh raspberries
- 350g caster sugar
- 70ml bottle of vodka
- Rinse and check the raspberries. Don’t used any bruised or diseased fruit.
- Place them in a jar that can be sealed. A Kilner jar is ideal.
- Add the vodka, seal the jar and shake the contents well.
- Shake daily for the first few days, later at least once a week for 3 – 4 weeks.
- After 3 – 4 weeks filter the vodka off the berries and transfer the liquid to a large bottle.
- Add the sugar and shake until dissolved.
- Leave for three months then strain the liqueur through a cloth. You can add more sugar if it isn’t sweet enough for you.
The liqueur should be left to mellow for at least 6 months, preferably 12 months.