Ingredients - serves 4
|8oz (225g) Set honey (preferably local)||1oz (25g) pine nuts|
|½ teaspoon of freshly grated ginger||4 x 1 inch (25mm) slices of fresh white bread (preferably from a tin loaf)|
|½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon|
|Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg||A little butter|
- Place the pine nuts into a frying pan and dry fry them until golden brown. Remove from the heat and put to one side.
- Gently melt the honey in a small saucepan over a low heat.
- Add the spices to the honey and heat very gently for about 10 mins. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool slightly while toasting the four slices of bread on both sides.
- Butter the toast and cut each slice of toast into four pieces and place on a large plate.
- Carefully pour the spiced honey over the toasted bread.
- Sprinkle with the toasted pine nut.
My Official Taster and I recommend that you eat this with a knife and fork as the honey is rather hot and it is extremely messy. This is currently number one on our “favourite snack” list.