|2lb cooking pears||1lb raisins|
|1lb sultanas||8oz dried figs|
|4oz candied orange peel||4oz citron and lemon peel|
|8oz dried Figs||1lb demerara sugar|
|Grated rind and juice of two lemons||8oz currants|
|1lb suet||2 teaspoons mixed spice|
|1 level teaspoon ground ginger||1 level teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|Half level teaspoon nutmeg||Quarter pint brandy or port.|
- Peel, core and chops pears roughly. Coarsely mince pears, raisins, sultanas, figs, candied peel and almonds.
- Add sugar, lemon rind and juice, currants, suet spices and brandy,
- Stir well, cover and leave for 2-3 days.
- Stir again and pack into clean, dry jars.
- Cover with waxed circles and cellophane and store in a dry, dark cupboard for at least two weeks before using.