Ingredients - serves 8 to 10
|4ozs (100g) glace cherries||6ozs (175g) soft brown sugar|
|220g tin pineapple in juice||8ozs (225g) self raising flour|
|4ozs (100g) butter||2 eggs|
|12ozs (350g) mixed fruit|
- Chop the cherries and pineapple (keep the juice).
- Put in a pan with the pineapple juice, butter, fruit and sugar. Heat to melt the butter but do not boil.
- Leave to cool, then beat in the flour and eggs.
- Preheat oven to 170c / 150c Fan oven / gas mark 3.
- Line 20cm / 8inch round tin with baking paper, put in mixture and bake for about 1½ hours, till firm and a skewer comes out clean.
- This is a really good moist cake that freezes well.
If you have some time to spare and could donate some goodies for the Fete it would be very much appreciated. If you would like some more ideas, take a trip to www.lynsted.com/recipes where there is a ‘Fete Bake’ section.
Hope to see you on Fete Day.