Ingredients - serves 6
|5 tomatoes, deseeded and quartered||150g tub of fresh green pesto sauce|
|1 aubergine, halved and sliced thickly||125g mozzarella, torn into pieces|
|2 courgettes,sliced thickly||1 egg, beaten|
|2 red peppers, deseeded and sliced thickly||500g pack of shortcrust pastry *|
|1 tablespoon olive oil||Salt and pepper for seasoning|
* I must admit I still cannot bring myself to buy shortcrust pastry, so I made my own
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°/400°F/Gas Mark 7.
- Meanwhile, in a roasting tin, mix the veg with the olive oil and season.
- Cook in the oven for 35 mins, shaking occasionally.
- Leave to cool then mix with the pesto and set aside.
- Halve the pastry and role both halves into a 30cm circle.
- Transfer one circle on to a greased baking sheet.
- Leaving a 2cm border round the edge, layer the veg and mozzarella so that the mixture is piled into a dome shape.
- Brush the border with the beaten egg and drape the remaining pastry circle over the filling.
- Press the edges together, folding them over around the whole pie edge to secure.
- Glaze the top with the beaten egg and make a small vent hole in the top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
This is so easy to make and looks really good when sliced. Thanks again Heather for her vegetarian delight!