|4oz (115g) softened margarine||4 tablespoons milk|
|6oz (170g) self raising flour||6oz (170g) caster sugar|
|Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon||2 eggs|
|3 heaped tablespoons icing sugar|
- Heat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 4.
- Rub the inside of a 9 inch x 4½ inch (22cm x 12cm) loaf tin with butter, or lightly brush with a flavourless oil, then dust with flour.
- If using a food processor/mixer put the flour, caster sugar, margarine, eggs milk and lemon zest into the bowl and process till you have a smooth batter. If mixing by hand, mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the batter mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 50 - 60 mins, or until the top is golden-brown and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- With a knife, loosen the edges of the cake from the tin.
- Mix together the lemon juice and icing sugar and pour evenly over the cake.
- Leave the cake in the tin until cold, then turn out.