|1½lb (700g) Jersey Royals*||¼ teaspoon mustard powder|
|1 clove of garlic, crushed||¼ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|3 tablespoons walnut oil||1 tablepoom chopped parsley|
|1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
* Try to find small even sized ones.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the potatoes and bring them back to the boil.
- Simmer gently for approx 12-15 mins or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar, mustard powder and pepper.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and cool slightly. Spoon the dressing over the potatoes, turning them to get an even coating.
- Serve, sprinkled with the chopped parsley. These are a perfect accompaniment to spring lamb and redcurrant jelly. I used the leftovers in a Salade Niçoise the following day and got no complaints!
Keep this recipe to hand for meals/parties that are "Royal" themed.
So, recipe fit for a King/Queen. Well, a minor royal at least.