|3½ pints (2 litres) farmhouse cider||6 whole allspice|
|4 tablespoons honey||4 cinnamon sticks|
|6 whole cloves||Peel of one orange cut into strips|
- Place the cloves, allspice and orange peel in a square piece of muslin and tie up the corners.
- Place the spice bundle in a pan with the cider, honey and cinnamon sticks.
- Stir together until the honey has dissolved.
- Heat the liquid for about 5 minutes until hot, but not boiling.
- Discard the spice bundle and cinnamon sticks and service immediately.
- Drop in a couple of apple slices for garnish.