|3-4lb (1.35-1.8kg) shoulder of leg of spring lamb||½ pint (300ml) cider|
|1 teaspoon ground ginger||2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped|
|Salt and pepper||8oz (225g) honey (preferably local)|
- Preheat oven to 230°C/450°F/Gas Mark 8.
- Line an overproof dish with foil.
- Rub the lamb with salt, pepper and ginger.
- Place the lamb in the dish and sprinkle with the chopped rosemary.
- Cover the lamb with honey and pour the cider around it.
- Cook for 25 minutes per pound and 20 minutes extra.
- After 30 minutes of cooking, reduce the oven temperature to
200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
- Baste the lamb during cooking adding more cider if necessary.
- Serve with salad or new potatoes and fresh local vegetables.