Ingredients - 9 inch (22cm) tart tin
|1 pack of puff pastry||1 tablespoon melted butter|
|8oz (225g) curd cheese||2 teaspoon cornflour|
|2 large eggs||½ teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1¾oz (50g) caster sugar||2 teaspoon ground ginger|
|2 tablespoons double cream||Handful of raisins soaked in a little brandy|
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface large enough to line the flan tin and leave a lip.
- Crimp the edges of the lip.
- Beat the eggs with the cheese, sugar and cream until smooth.
- Add the melted butter, cornflour, cinnamon and ginger and stir in thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the flan case and scatter the soaked raisins on to the mixture.
- Place on a pre-heated baking sheet and place in a pre-heated oven at 190°C/355°F/Gas
- Mark 5) for about 40 mins. The pastry should be risen and golden and the filling risen and puffy. The mixture will sink as it cools.
This can be eaten as it is, or with cream or ice cream. It is actually quite light and, sadly, morish! That’s my Official Taster’s excuse for clearing it up in very short order.