- Blackberries or loganberries
- Split almonds
- Cinnamon sticks
- Granulated sugar
- Fill a jar two thirds full with the fruit.
- Add sugar to a quarter way up the jar.
- Top up jar with the brandy
- Add two small cinnamon sticks and four split almonds.
- Keep this in a cool dark cupboard for three months, shaking the jar occasionally.
- Then filter the liquid into bottles.
The brandy soaked berries make a delicious pudding. Add them to peeled apple, sprinkle with sugar and cover with pastry in a pie dish. Cook as you would an ordinary apple pie.