Ingredients - serves 2/4, depending on how full you feel!
|Cold Christmas Pudding, cut into fingers||1 large egg, beaten|
|1 rounded teaspoon of cornflour||3 fl oz (75ml) rum, more if liked!|
|1 pint (600ml) milk||Grated nutmeg|
|1 tablespoon caster sugar|
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/375°/Gas mark 5.
- Butter a 2 pint (1.5 litre) pie dish and arrange the Christmas pudding fingers in the base.
- Sprinkle with a few teaspoon of rum if liked.
- Mix the cornflour to a paste with a little of the milk.
- Heat the rest of the milk until simmering.
- Add the cornflour paste and cook for 3 minutes stirring all the time.
- Take off the heat and stir in the sugar, egg and rum.
- Pour the mixture over the Christmas pudding and sprinkle with grated nutmeg.
- Bake for 24 - 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
My Official Taster really loved this one as it reminded him of comforting rice pudding.