Ingredients - serves 8
|3lb courgettes||4 eggs|
|1fl oz rapeseed oil||Salt and ground black pepper|
|4oz parmesan, grated||Squeeze of orange and lemon|
|6oz feta cheese, crumbled||2 oz butter|
|4fl oz white wine||1 packet filo pastry|
|1 small onion, finely chopped||2oz pine nuts|
- Top and tail the courgettes and chop finely (best chopped in a food processor with the standard chopping blade or with the course grating attachment).
- Sweat the courgettes in a large pan with the oil until cooked (10-15 mins).
- Turn into a colander or sieve and allow to drain.
- Return the courgettes to the pan, off the heat, and mix in the parmesan, feta, wine, onion and eggs. Stir well and season with the salt and pepper.
- Take a 9 inch x 13 inch pie dish. Melt the butter in a pan or in the microwave. Brush the bottom and the sides of the dish with the melted butter and line with one sheet of filo.
- Brush the filo with butter and repeat this until the lining is 4 sheets thick.
- Spread the filling over the lined dish and top with four sheets of filo brushed with butter.
- Trim off the excess filo, brush the top with butter and sprinkle with the pine nuts.
- Bake at 190°C/374°F/Gas Mark 5 for 35 to 40 mins or until the top is golden brown and the filling has set.
- Allow to cool slightly and serve with a salad of your choice. Really easy to make and a good use for the courgettes.