|4 oz (100g) self-raising flour||1 tsp baking powder|
|4 oz (100g) soft margarine||4 oz (100g) caster sugar|
|2 eggs, beaten||1 teaspoon Coffee essence|
|1oz (25g) chopped walnuts|
- Grease and line 2 x 7” (18cm) sandwich tins.
- Put flour and baking powder into the bowl and pulse to mix.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the walnuts and process until smooth and glossy.
- Add the walnuts and pulse until mixed.
- Spread into the prepared tins and bake for 30mins at 190°/375°/Gas Mark 5.
- When cooked, cool for 10 mins and then turned out onto a wire rack.
- If you wish to freeze this cake, at this stage stand the layers on top of each other with greaseproof paper separating them. Do not fill them until at this stage. When cakes are required, defrost thoroughly and fill.
- For filling see section on Butter Cream Icings Page.