|8oz (225g) cooking apples, peeled cored and roughly chopped||8oz (225g) raisins|
|4oz (125g) mixed candied peel||4oz (125g) glacé cherries, washed, dried and finely chopped|
|4oz (125g) walnuts, finely chopped||8oz (225g) suet (beef or vegetarian)|
|8oz (225g) soft brown sugar||8oz (225g) currants|
|8oz (225g) sultanas||½ level teaspoon grated nutmeg|
|½ level teaspoon ground mace||1 level teaspoon mixed spice|
|3 tablespoons brandy or sherry|
- Mix together the apples, raisins and candied peel and push through a mincer into a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients to the mixture and mix well.
- Cover with a clean cloth or tea towel and leave to stand for 2 days.
- Stir again and pack in clean dry jars.
- Cover with waxed circles and cellophane as for jam.
Store in a cool, dry place.