Ingredients - serves 4
|300g of fresh local cherries, pitted||1 tablespoon clear honey|
|½ teaspoon juniper berries||¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper|
|225ml fruity red wine||Squeeze of orange and lemon|
|2 tablespoons of stock or meat juices|
- Place the pitted cherries, juniper berries and wine in a saucepan and simmer until the cherries are soft.
- Place in a blender/liquidiser and process until smooth.
- Push through a fine sieve, pressing hard.
- Tip the puree into a saucepan and add the stock or meat juices, honey, pepper, orange and lemon juice.
- Simmer for approx 5 minutes, stirring all the time until it reduces and thickens.
- Pour over the meat or serve separately.