Ingredients - serves 6 to 8 people
|6oz (175g) butter||6oz (175g) plain flour|
|6oz (175g) granulated sugar||4 large cooking apples|
- Pre heat oven to 170°C/325°C/Gas Mark 3.
- Without mixing the ingredients together, put the flour sugar and butter into a shallow over-proof dish.
- Place in the oven for about 15mins until the butter has melted.
In the meantime, peel core and roughly chop the apples and put into a pie dish.
- Place in the oven for 5 mins.
- Remove the butter and flour mixture from the oven and stir together until the ingredients form a paste.
- Remove apples from the oven and spread the paste mixture over the top.
- Return to the oven and cook for around 40 mins until the topping is golden brown.
Serve with cream or custard. My “Official Taster”, who is a crumble man, says this is better than crumble.