Ingredients - serves 4
|4 fresh pears||¼ teaspoon cinnamon|
|9fl oz (250ml) red wine||¼ teaspoon ginger|
|1¾oz (59g) soft brown sugar||Pinch of saffron|
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Peel the pears but leave the stalk attached and the pear whole.
- Stand them up in an ovenproof dish.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients and pour the mixture over the fruit.
- Place in the oven and bake until tender. (This will depend on the variety of pear but it will be around 20—30 mins.) Baste a couple of times during the cooking.
- Serve with cream or ice cream and a little of the hot wine mixture.