Ingredients - serves 4 as a vegetable accompaniment or 2 as a main dish
|1 sheet of fresh or frozen ready-rolled puff pastry cut into 4|
|300g asparagus, trimmed||300g asparagus, trimmed|
|3 tbsp grated parmesan, plus shavings||2 tbsp mascarpone|
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil, then drop in the asparagus and simmer for 2 mins.
- Drain well.
- Cut the pastry into 4 rectangles and score a line with a sharp knife 2cm in from the edge, taking care not to cut right through the pastry.
- Spread the mascarpone mix over the pastry tarts, leaving a 2cm border.
- Grate the parmesan over the top of the mascarpone.
- Lay a quarter of the asparagus on top of each rectangle.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden.
To serve, sprinkle with parmesan shavings and serve with salad, or new potatoes and spring vegetable.
The size can look quite intimidating but this is actually a very light dish. Made smaller, they would also make a lovely starter.