Ingredients - serves 4 as a vegetable accompaniment or 2 as a main dish
|1lb (450g) asparagus (approx 20 spears)||Finely grated zest of a lemon|
|2 eggs, softly boiled||2oz (50g) fresh white breadcrumbs|
|Freshly ground black pepper||2oz (50g) Emmental cheese, grated|
|1oz (25g) walnut pieces||A little butter for greasing|
- Trim any woody parts off the asparagus and cook in boiling water for 4 – 5 minutes (depending on the thickness of the stalks)
- Drain and place in a buttered oven proof dish.
- Peel and chop the softly boiled eggs and sprinkle over the asparagus.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients and sprinkle over the asparagus and egg.
- Bake in the oven at 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6 for about 20 minutes until the topping is golden.