Ingredients - serves 4
|2 eggs||1 teaspoon baking powder|
|4oz (100g) Caster sugar||1lb (450g) cooking apples|
|4oz (100g) Plain flour|
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Grease a large soufflé dish.
- Beat the eggs (I use an electric hand whisk), then add sugar and continue whisking until thick and light in colour.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together and fold into the mixture using a metal spoon.
- Peel, core and thinly slice the apples and fold into the prepared batter mixture.
- Bake for 1 hour.
It doesn’t get much easier than that.
I hope you all enjoy the various Harvest Suppers going on throughout the Parishes. A time to be thankful that we are blessed with so much and to thank the people still willing to work the land.