Ingredients - serves 2
|8oz (225g) Kent cobnuts||1 large avocado|
|3 red peppers, grilled, peeled and roasted (or buy ready prepared from the delicatessen)||1 tablespoon hazelnut oil|
|2 tablespoons olive oil||1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar|
|1 bunch watercress, trimmed and washed|
- Shell the cobnuts, spread out on a baking tray and bake at 300F/150C/gas mark 2 for 20 minutes to an hour, depending on how old and dry the nuts are. They will go soft, then gradually shrink until they are hard and lightly browned. Take them out of the oven before they burn, and leave to cool.
- Roughly chop the cobnuts.
- Slice the roasted peppers and avocado.
- Cut the watercress into short lengths.
- Mix the nuts, avocado and watercress in a bowl.
- Whisk the oils and vinegar together and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Mix gently with the salad and serve straight away.
This is particularly good serves with fresh crusty bread or an olive and sun dried tomato ciabatta.