|1 pack of ready rolled puff pastry||9oz (250g) mincemeat|
|4oz (100g) cranberries||Sprinkling of icing sugar|
|Sprinkling of caster sugar||Egg white or a little milk|
- Pre-heat oven to 200ºC/ fan oven 180ºC/ gas 6.
- Unroll pastry and cut a small strip off the end and cut out some stars or holly leaves.
- Cut the remaining pastry 15 squares (5 across x 3 down).
- With a knife score a line ½” (1cm) in from the square’s edge taking care not to cut right through.
- Mix together the mincemeat and cranberries.
- Divide the mixture between the 15 squares and top with the star or holly leaf.*
- Brush the edges and the star/holly leaf with egg white or milk and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake in the oven for around 10-13 mins until golden.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
* These can be frozen for up to 1 month after Stage 6.