Lynsted.com was set up in 2005 by a local volunteer to promote the use of the internet to support local voluntary and community interests in this Parish and in neighbouring communities. Since then several groups have embraced the internet and social media to created their own web-presence. We have provided links to those sites to promote those initiatives. Of course, the job is still not complete! This site is an entirely voluntary project.
Swale Borough Plan: FURTHER DELAYS! As a piece of political manipulation and theatre, we learn that the Final Report by the Government Inspector has been delayed until "after the election". Give me strength!
KCC's Response: (dated 30th March) to the 120 homes planning application has now (two months later on 26th May) been put on the Planning Portal Website! The Development Applicants saw this notice (and have tried to declare a "rebuttal" in discussion with KCC - do we believe them?) in March! So, why didn't residents? I could "interpret" this two month delay but why waste my breath (scroll down a few items to find where it has been 'slotted in') - or use this link to open and download KCC's letter.
- UPDATE: 120 homes South of the A2 (Lynsted Parish)
Developers 'fiddling' with documents and pretending that they have changed something - SBC Planning Services Note. Repeat your objections to stop them 'sneaking' through the planning processes.
- KCC's Response: (dated 30th March) to the 120 homes planning application has now (26th May) been put on the Planning Portal Website! I could "interpret" this two month delay but why waste my breath (scroll down a few items to find where it has been 'slotted in') - or use this link to open and download KCC's letter.
- Highways England have issued a warning that "off Plan" developments will have a "severe" impact that would have to involve additional mitigation measures and commitments with budgets from developers.
- What next ... for the Swale Borough Plan ("Bearing Fruits")?
The Planning Inspector has completed her Public Consultation and we now have to wait until March/April to hear what she thinks of the SBC Borough Plan.
While we wait, you can read ALL the submissions that she received, using this link.
- TEYNHAM HOUSING APPLICATION LATEST: 300 Homes + Industry Site (Validated 8th November 2016). More direct pollution and congestion-led pollution.
- Learn More from this Community Page. Including links to the latest update from SBC
Building developer's Exhibitions about plans for a large housing estate south of the A2, "off Lynsted Lane".
AQMA5 - POLLUTION IS HARMING OUR HEALTH
A2 POLLUTION and 120 (out of a possible 390 total) new homes along the south edge of the A2 - in addition to the 430 homes already contained in the Borough Plan for Teynham Parish.
Want to be kept in touch as this tragedy unfolds? Add your name and email address to our group email circulation using email@example.com (maintained by a resident on the A2) or contact the Parish Council using firstname.lastname@example.org
LYNSTED PARISH COUNCIL Minutes and Agendas
These can be viewed as PDF downloads using this link. Decisions and services are made on your behalf - shouldn't you find out how you might be affected? They also need more Members - you can take an active part in promoting and protecting your Parish.