Lynsted.com was set up in 2005 by a local volunteer to promote the use of the internet to support local voluntary and community interests in this Parish and in neighbouring communities. Since then several groups have embraced the internet and social media to created their own web-presence. We have provided links to those sites to promote those initiatives. Of course, the job is still not complete! This site is an entirely voluntary project.
SMART METERS! NOT QUITE SO SMART YET!
A bugbear. We recently received a pushy email, letter and phone-call from our electricity provider "telling" us a time and date when they would turn up to spend 2 hours changing over our meter.
WATCH OUT! Whether you think it worthwhile or not in the long run, please do check whether they are rolling out their "SECOND GENERATION" Meters. I told them they should not try and force an inferior product on their customers.......
The point is, the first round of meters (the ones they are trying to force on us) stop being "smart" if you change providers to find a better deal. Yes, according to Which? (Consumer Association) your First Generation meter will go "Dumb" because those meters cannot be updated to be used by your new supplier.
The "SECOND GENERATION" meters WILL allow you to change suppliers without having to fit ANOTHER meter! You can read about this on the Guardian website.
Adopting this technology too soon, pretty much forces you to stay with one provider unless you are prepared to have another two hours of your time used to fit another meter!
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
Another authoritative piece on the challenges facing communities currently suffering pollution concentrations at harmful levels.
This link gives you access to the latest advice being provided to local authorities from NICE. It also brings together in one place a few key pieces of current evidence.
KCC's Response: (dated 30th March) to the 120 homes planning application has now (two months later on 26th May) been put on the Planning Portal Website! The Development Applicants saw this notice (and have tried to declare a "rebuttal" in discussion with KCC - do we believe them?) in March! So, why didn't residents? I could "interpret" this two month delay but why waste my breath (scroll down a few items to find where it has been 'slotted in') - or use this link to open and download KCC's letter.
GREAT NEWS - APPLICATION WITHDRAWN!
- 120 homes South of the A2 (Lynsted Parish) abandoned for now.
- All developments along the A2 will still make worse our problems with pollution, noise, dangerous traffic. So, the application being abandoned is good but not good enough in the 'bigger picture.'
- You can read the all-important KCC Objection made in 20th March 2017 (published to the Planning Portal on 20th May!)
- Developers 'fiddling' with documents and pretending that they have changed something - SBC Planning Services Note. This community has been persistent in repeating its many objections at critical times.
- KCC's follow-up Response: (dated 30th March) to the 120 homes planning application (26th May) on the Planning Portal Website. Use this link to open and download KCC's letter.
- Highways England have issued a warning that "off Plan" developments will have a "severe" impact that would have to involve additional mitigation measures and commitments with budgets from developers.
- The Swale Borough Plan ("Bearing Fruits") is now in place?
HOWEVER, the National Planning Inspector has asked for a review in 2022 to check the effectiveness of the land parcels to meet the targets planned.
- You can read ALL the submissions that the Inspector received, using this link.
- TEYNHAM HOUSING APPLICATION LATEST: 300 Homes + Industry Site (Validated 8th November 2016). More direct pollution and congestion-led pollution.
- Learn More from this Community Page. Including links to the latest update from SBC
Building developer's Exhibitions about plans for a large housing estate south of the A2, "off Lynsted Lane".
AQMA5 - POLLUTION IS STILL HARMING OUR HEALTH
A2 POLLUTION and 120 (out of a possible 390 total) new homes along the south edge of the A2 - in addition to the 430 homes already contained in the Borough Plan for Teynham Parish.
Want to be kept in touch as this tragedy unfolds? Add your name and email address to our group email circulation using email@example.com (maintained by a resident on the A2) or contact the Parish Council using firstname.lastname@example.org
LYNSTED PARISH COUNCIL Minutes and Agendas
These can be viewed as PDF downloads using this link. Decisions and services are made on your behalf - shouldn't you find out how you might be affected? They also need more Members - you can take an active part in promoting and protecting your Parish.